Market data training
Screen’s market data training courses are aimed at those who have particular interest or responsibilities for market data in all its forms. It offers you the opportunity to gain key understandings of all aspects of the market data industry and improve your knowledge of market data & market data management. The certification training courses are developed in close cooperation with the FISD (SIIA) and enable you to acquire relevant knowledge in a structured and rigorous format.
FISD Professional Certification
Professional certification from FISD will establish your credentials in the increasingly complex and competitive financial information industry. The Financial Information Associate (FIA) certification is the first formal accreditation for market and reference data practitioners and will only be awarded to those who pass this newly formulated examination.
This Level One Certification is designed for candidates who are relatively new to the industry (typically between 1 and 3 years of experience), and who seek to establish a robust and comprehensive foundation for their career in the financial services industry.
Tailored market data training courses – FISD exam preparation
For candidates who are interested in becoming a certified market & reference data specialist, Screen offers tailor-made courses which are designed to prepare for the FISD Certification Exam (optional). All our trainers are senior market data specialists with an extensive background and tons of experience in the market data industry. Training can either be provided in-house or at one of the Screen offices.
If you are interested in these training programs, please contact us for arrangements, price information (fixed or per attendee) or additional information.
A brochure outlining Screen’s FISD Certification Training course (level 1) is available for download here
Two-day market data training course
In addition to our (tailored) market data training courses on request, we also host standard two-day training courses at Screen’s HQ in the Netherlands and at our Screen offices in Frankfurt, Milan and London.
Our 2018 course dates:
January 29,30 (HQ – NL) | March 1,2 (HQ – NL) | March 15,16 (Frankfurt) | April 19,20 (HQ – NL) | May 24,25 (HQ – NL) | June 14,15 (Frankfurt) | September 6,7 (HQ – NL) | September 20,21 (Frankfurt) | October 11,12 (HQ – NL) | November 22,23 (HQ – NL).
Our special rates:
We are offering this two-day training course to our clients for only €785,- per candidate (non-clients pay €885,-).
The content of these courses, which will also prepare for the official FISD Professional Certification exam, is outlined in below 4 modules.
Module 1: The Markets
- The role of the financial markets; the trade lifecycle
- The participants in the financial markets
- The role of government, central banks and regulatory authorities
- The primary business functions
- The major classes of assets
Module 2: The Data
- The sources of data; exchanges, IDB’s, vendors
- The types of data
- Delivery and display of data
- The uses of data
- The commercials of data
- Market and reference data job functions
Module 3: The Technology
- The technology basics & the terminology
- The data distribution
- The desktops (e.g. terminals): workstations
- The applications and associated technology
- Development, implementation, management and support
- Enterprise and reference data management
Module 4: Industry issues and trends
- Market regulation and market structure
- Automation in the financial markets
- Enterprise Data Management
- Commercial, contractual, economic and political